Thursday, May 18, 2017

Sweeter Muffins



Growing up, my Mom used to make these muffins all the time and they were such a favorite of mine. But somewhere along the way, I stopped making them for my family.  Actually, I stopped making muffins period.


But recently I started making them again and everyone really likes it when I do.  These muffins aren't an explosion of flavor but they are a delicious addition to soups or even salads.  Also, it would be easy to add blueberries or raspberries.  I even think it would be fun to had rosemary or thyme to the mix!

Sweeter Muffins

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Break up egg with a fork and add milk and oil.  Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a separate bowl.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix till just combined.  Bake in a muffin tin for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Only makes about 8 or 9 muffins but I've doubled before to get more muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips